Item Number TP119A:
All of the tracks on this CD have been mastered using 44.1 kHz-16 bit WAV files. Sound quality is excellent.
Audio samples in RealAudio and Media Player compressed format are provided below.
All of the selections are Bill Johnson And His Musical Notes, produced directly from the original 78-rpm records.
There are Twenty-Seven tracks amounting to a total of Seventy-Six minutes. Seventeen selections feature the tenor lead of Gus Gordon.
The CD contains all their vocal harmony sides that were released on RCA Victor, King, Regal and Tru-Blue.
The CD is labeled and comes in a slim jewel case. It includes a color booklet with selected photos and label scans as well as the track listing.
The booklet cover photo is from the Paul Ressler Collection.
Track Listing For "BILL JOHNSON AND HIS MUSICAL NOTES (1947-1954)" CD:
1. Don't You Think I Oughta Know - (V/GG) - RCA Victor 20-2225-A - 3/47 LISTEN (RealAudio) LISTEN (Media Player)
2. Shorty's Got To Go - RCA Victor 20-2225-B - 3/47
3. You Didn't Have To Say I Love You - (V/GG) - RCA Victor 20-2235-B - 4/47
4. Pretty Eyed Baby - RCA Victor 20-2235-A - 4/47          LISTEN (RealAudio) LISTEN (Media Player)
5. That Night We Said Goodbye - (V/GG) - RCA Victor 20-2298-A - 6/47
6. Half A Love - (V/GG) - RCA Victor 20-2362-A - 7/47
7. Leave It To Fate, Gate - RCA Victor 20-2362-B - 7/47
8. For Once In Your Life - (V/GG) - RCA Victor 20-2427-A - 9/47
9. My Little Red Head - (V/GG) - RCA Victor 20-2427-B - 9/47
10. You're The Dream Of A Lifetime - (V/GG) - RCA Victor 20-2498-B - 10/47
11. Chickasaw Limited - RCA Victor 20-2498-A - 10/47
12. Let's Be Sweethearts Again - (V/GG) - RCA Victor 20-2591-B - 11/47
13. Mama, Mama, Mama - RCA Victor 20-2591-A - 11/47
14. So Tired - (V/GG) - RCA Victor 20-2618-A - 12/47
15. I Learned To Cry - (V/GG) - RCA Victor 20-2618-B - 12/47
16. All Dressed Up With A Broken Heart - (V/GG) - RCA Victor 20-2749-B - 3/48
17. My Baby Likes To Be-Bop - RCA Victor 20-2749-A - 3/48
18. My Baby's Giving Me The Brush - RCA Victor 20-3108-B - 9/48
19. Elevator Boogie - RCA Victor 20-3108-A - 9/48
20. Believe Me, Beloved - (V/GG) - RCA Victor 20-3037-A - 11/48
21. Say Something Nice About Me - (V/GG) - RCA Victor 20-3037-B - 11/48
22. How Would You Know - (V/GG) - King 4286-A - 3/49
23. Roselle - (V/GG) - King 4286-B - 3/49
24. I Love You More Each Day - (V/GG) - King 4338-AA - 12/49
25. What Can I Do? - King 4338-AA - 12/49
26. I'd Give The World To Know How I Stand With You* - Regal 3318 - 3/51 LISTEN (RealAudio) LISTEN (Media Player)
[*Gus Gordon lead]
27. When Your Hair Has Turned To Silver - Tru-Blue 414-A - 1954
NOTE: V/GG = Label shows "Vocal by Gus Gordon"
BILL JOHNSON AND HIS MUSICAL NOTES (Item Number TP119A): $12.00 (no extra for shipping within USA)
1. E-mail first for shipping costs outside the USA.
2. Pay using Credit Card by clicking on the above left button.
3. Payment is through PayPal, which has a secure server.
4. Payment is to a PayPal Verified Business Member, which ensures legitimacy.
5. There is no extra charge to the buyer.
6. For more information about Paypal, please click HERE.
Click on above button to view current contents of your shopping cart or to check out.
If there are any questions or more information is needed, please E-mail by clicking .
Back to CD List Page
Back to Main Page
Last Revised: 11/21/14
This site is non-commercial. This CD is provided to further the general public's knowledge of RnB vocal group harmony.